Clarion UK has developed an exciting and innovative employment model to support deaf and hard of hearing job seekers into sustained employment under the Government’s new ‘Work Programme’. The model allows us to meet the real needs of Deaf and hard of hearing job seekers on a national level by making mainstream employment services, such as Ingeus, A4E and Maximus fully accessible to our client group.
Across England, Scotland and Wales we will be supplying freelance Communication Support Workers (CSW’s) and MRSLI’s with employment advisor skills and knowledge known as ‘Communication and Employment Consultants’ (CEC’s) to support the Prime Contractors’ Employment Advisors. The outcome will be a truly empathetic end to end service to deaf and hard of hearing job seekers, delivered in partnership between the Prime/sub-contractors and Clarion UK.
Our Communication and Employment Consultant (CEC) will be required to:
- Communicate fluently in BSL to Level 3 standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of deaf awareness and a comprehensive understanding of the barriers faced by deaf jobseekers gaining entry into the labour market and staying in work.
A typical day as a CEC would include:
- Attending and providing full communication support to enable smooth interaction between the Prime or sub-contractor EA and the deaf customer at their initial and follow up appointments.
- Liaison with the Prime or sub-contractor EA and deaf client at their appointments to establish Action Plans (AP) and ensure the client is fully aware of their obligations.
- Assist clients to achieve their targets set by the Action plan.
- Carry out one to one appointments with the client where desired and requested by Prime or sub-contractor EA. For example:
- Assistance with realistic employment aims and job searching
- CV writing
- Job applications
- Interview training, confidence building and motivational goals
The CEC will be engaged by Clarion UK on a free-lance basis at the usual CSW rates.
The Communication and Employment Consultants will not own the ‘ into work’ or ‘sustained employment’ targets these would be retained by the Prime or sub-contractor.
Interested in this new and exciting role? Then please email Clarion UK Work Focus National Operations Manager Bob Marsh email@example.com detailing your current communication qualifications and why you feel you have the skills and knowledge to perform the CEC role.
For more information on this specialist provision click here.