Currently Recruiting: UK Wide
Contract Type: Flexible hours
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for a qualified Teacher of the Deaf who has the ability to support, motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve their full potential. Ideally you will have experience in higher education establishment as you would be required to work mainly within colleges and universities. You will have the ability to be sensitive to pupils’ needs and learning styles and should have an interest in and understanding of additional support needs
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide one-to-one study skills tuition to students enabling them to develop independent learning strategies.
- To provide bespoke sessions for each student according to the needs of the individual student.
- Deliver tuition according to Clarion guidelines and code of conduct.
- Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets and Individual Learning Plans.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Able to assess learners’ needs and devise an appropriate Individual Learning Plan
- Advisory Teacher for Deaf students
- Advisory Teacher for Students with Multi-Sensory Impairments
- PGCE* and registered qualified BSL interpreter
- PGCE* plus specialist qualification in relevant subject e.g. Deaf Studies, English, Linguistics, Deaf literacy specialist qualification, Deaf Awareness qualification (specific to language acquisition) etc.