Clarion UK has been delivering an innovative, award-winning and highly successful employment support model for Deaf and hard of hearing jobseekers under the Government’s Welfare to Work programmes for the past 8 years. Our Communication and Employment Consultant model allows Clarion UK to help meet the unique needs of Deaf and hard of hearing job seekers on a National level by ensuring mainstream employment services are fully accessible to our specific client group.
If you possess a minimum Level 3 BSL or TSLI/RSLI with useful employment knowledge, skills, background and you are passionate about supporting Deaf and hard of hearing jobseekers to overcome barriers, then we need you!
Our Communication and Employment Consultants (CECs) will be required to:
- Communicate upwards of a minimum Level 3 BSL standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of Deaf awareness and a comprehensive understanding of the barriers faced by deaf jobseekers gaining entry into the labour market and staying in work.
A typical day as a CEC would include:
- Attending and providing full communication support to enable smooth interaction between the Prime or sub-contractor Advisor and the Deaf customer at their initial and follow up appointments.
- Provide one-to-one job searching support with the client:
- Assistance with realistic employment aims
- CV writing
- Assist with job applications
- Interview training, confidence and motivation building
A recent quote from one of our long standing CECs:
“Just want to say, just in case I have not said it recently, how much I love my job and how much I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to do this job”
For more information on this specialist provision, follow this link:www.clarion-uk.com/communication-and-employment-consultants/
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting and highly rewarding role please email your latest CV to Clarion UK’s Head of Specialist Employment Services, Bob Marsh firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your current communication qualifications and why you feel you have the skills and knowledge to perform the CEC role.