Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting for NRCPD Registered BSL Interpreters based in Wolverhampton with over 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team. This role is a freelance position and you will need to register with HMRC as self-employed.
At Clarion, our Vision is that Deaf and disabled people get the best interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Contract Type: Freelance-Flexible hours
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for interpreters to work on a variety of bookings. Ideally you will have experience in the Tertiary Education field as the majority of the bookings will be in that arena. You will have the ability to be sensitive to the individuals needs that you are working for.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Covering regular timetable students and lecture bookings.
- Provide coherent and comprehensive support to the individual enabling them to communicate clearly and concisely.
- A flexible approach to working hours is required.
- Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. invoicing correctly and in a timely manner.
- You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in an Education environment would be advantageous.
- An Enhanced DBS within 3 years of issue (we can help facilitate this).
- Qualification in a National Register of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD) approved course for sign language interpreters or interpreters for deafblind people from the list at Appendix 1 extracted from NRCPD website OR
- (CACDP Registered Qualified Sign Language Interpreters exam (CACDP RQSLI exam) OR
- VLP/SASLI/RBSLI/NRCPD* registered Sign Language Interpreter OR
- VLP/SASLI/RBSLI/NRCPD* registered trainee sign language interpreter OR
- NRCPD* registered Interpreter for Deafblind People OR
- Based in the Wolverhampton area (as most bookings will be in these areas).
- Registered with HMRC or willing to do so as this is a freelance position.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- The ability to develop strong professional relationships.
The closing date is 11/07/2019.