Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting for NRCPD Registered BSL Interpreters based in Thames Valley or East Midlands and with over 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team.
At Clarion, our Vision is that Deaf and disabled people get the best interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Contract Type: Permanent- Part or Full time
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for interpreters to work on a variety of bookings. Ideally you will have experience in the legal field as the majority of the bookings will be in that arena. You will have the ability to be sensitive to the needs of the individuals you are working for.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide coherent and comprehensive support to the individual enabling them to communicate clearly and concisely.
- A flexible approach to working hours is required.
- Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. invoicing correctly and in a timely manner.
- Have own reliable transport.
- You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous.
- Enhanced DBS within 3 years of issue.
- Registered with the National Register of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD) or Regulatory Body of Sign Language Interpreters (RBSLI).
- Based in the Thames Valley or East Midlands (e.g. Northampton, Milton Keynes, Leicester) area, as most bookings will be in these areas.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- The ability to develop strong professional relationships.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting and highly rewarding role, then please email your latest CV to Clarion UK’s Operations Manager, Lorna Fairbairn, with a covering letter detailing your current skills and experience and why you feel you are the right person for the role.
The closing date is 27th September
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time