Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting for a Specialist Notetaker/Electronic Notetaker based in or near London and, with over 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team. This role is a freelance position and you will need to be registered with HMRC as self-employed.
At Clarion, our Vision is that Deaf and disabled people get the best interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Contract Type: Freelance-Flexible hours
The overall purpose of this role
We are looking for qualified Specialist Notetakers/Electronic Notetakers who can support, motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve their full potential. Ideally you will have experience in higher education establishment as you would be required to work within a University setting. You will have the ability to be sensitive to students’ needs and learning styles and should have an interest in and understanding of additional support needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide Specialist Notetaking/Electronic Notetaking to students enabling them to get the most out of their lectures.
• Deliver the service in accordance with Clarion guidelines and code of conduct.
• A flexible approach to working hours is required.
• Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets.
• You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
One of the following qualifications is required for this role:
1. Council for the Advancement of Communication with Deaf People (CACDP) Level 3 Certificate for Language Service Providers working with Deaf and Deafblind People (Notetaking)
2. The National Registers of Communication Professionals Working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD) Registered Notetaker
3. Signature NVQ 2 electronic notetaking
4. CACDP Level 3 Certificate in Facilitating Communication with Deaf People (Lipspeaking Skills) and (Notetaking Skills). Qualification Ref: 500/1613/1
5. Open College Network London (OCN) Level 3 Certificate in Electronic Notetaking to Support Deaf and Disabled People.
6. Open College Network London (OCN) Level 3 Certificate in Manual Notetaking to Support Deaf and Disabled People.
7. CACDP Level 2 Certificate in Manual Notetaking for Deaf People
8. CACDP Level 2 Certificate in Electronic Notetaking for Deaf People
9. CACDP Level 3 Certificate for Manual/Electronic Notetakers
10. LASER Level 3 Award in Notetaking Skills for Support Staff Working with Sensory Impaired Learners (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) Qualification Number: 603/1155/1
11. AQA Notetaking electronically for deaf people Level 2 76923
12. City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support for Deaf Learners (6259-07)
13. CACDP Level 3 Certificate in Facilitating Communication with Deafblind People (Manual). Qualification Ref: 500/1614/3
14. OCN London Level 2 Note taking for Disabled Students in Higher Education
15. OCN London Level 3 Electronic Note taking to Support People with Disabilities
16. Council for the Advancement of Communication with Deaf People (CACDP) Level 2 Certificate in Manual Notetaking for Deaf People
17. CACDP Level 2 Certificate in Electronic Notetaking for Deaf People
In house training* as a notetaker for deaf students that is formally accredited at Level 3 by one of the above organisations or another recognised UK accreditation body, and which leads to a final skills assessment and certificate.
Other training, including at a HE institution, delivered by an appropriately qualified trainer who can demonstrate a relevant qualification in specialist notetaking and which leads to a final skills assessment and certificate.
*Note: In-house training courses should be accredited by an approved UK accreditation body at Level 3 or above and submitted to DfE for approval.