To meet new and rapidly increasing contractual demands, we are now looking to recruit a full-time, North East England based Specialist Employment Coach for Deaf people (ideally located within proximity to Sheffield, Doncaster and Wakefield) to work within our Employment Services Sector, reporting directly to our Head of Specialist Employment Services.
Based in North East England.
Salary & Benefits:
Circa £22,000 (37.5 hours per week) plus pension, gym membership, training and development opportunities.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
The Successful Applicant Will:
- Possess a minimum Level 3 BSL working towards Level 6 or possess native sign language skills.
- Have effective communication skills and be able to deal with challenges in a calm and approachable manner.
- Preferably be experienced in supporting Deaf customers in a Welfare to Work advisory setting.
- Be innovative, forward thinking, target driven and have the organisational skills to manage a caseload of up to 45 Deaf customers at a time.
- Be able to deliver creative solutions within a challenging and performance-driven environment.
- Be able to work under pressure and own initiative to achieve targets.
- Have knowledge of local employer markets.
- Be keen to thrive within a highly active and busy team.
We Will Provide:
- Access to all necessary training.
- Resources at your disposal to manage your duties effectively.
- Full support of the Employment Sector team.
The successful candidate will require an Enhanced DBS and clear all BPSS security standard checks which needs to be satisfactory to Clarion UK.
Clarion UK has been delivering an innovative, award-winning and highly successful employment support model for Deaf and hard of hearing jobseekers under the Government’s Welfare to Work programmes for the past 9 years and is rapidly expanding. Deaf people are at the heart of everything that we do, meeting their needs and requirements because we know how to.
Our values statement – “There is no such thing as ‘hard to reach’ groups: they are simply “out of reach’ to mainstream institutions” we turn our values into action by helping clients and organisations to break down barriers.”
With almost 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, there has never been a better time to join the UK’s most successful Interpreting and Employment Support Services for Deaf and disabled people.
How To Apply:
If you’re interested in this exciting and highly rewarding role please email your latest CV to Clarion UK’s Head Of Specialist Employment Services, Bob Marsh firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter detailing your current skills, experience and why you feel you are the right person for the role.
5pm Friday 25th January 2019 with interviews to be confirmed week commencing 28th January 2019.
Clarion UK is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from people with disabilities.