Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting for Deaf Relay Interpreters across the UK, specifically in the following areas: the North East of England, Newcastle, East Yorkshire (Humberside), East Anglia, Wales (North and South) South West (Devon and Cornwall) Leeds and Hull.
With over 16 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team. This role is a freelance position and you will need to be registered with HMRC as self-employed. At Clarion, our vision is that Deaf and disabled people get the best interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Freelance and Flexible
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for Deaf Relays to work with our interpreters on a variety of bookings. Ideally you will have experience in the legal field as the majority of the bookings will be in that arena. You will have the ability to be sensitive to the individuals needs that you are working for.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide coherent and comprehensive support to the individual enabling them to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. invoicing correctly and in a timely manner.
- You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous.
- Qualifications/demonstrable experience as a Deaf Relay Interpreter.
- Advocacy, Mental health or working with different cultures and languages.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.