About the role
We are looking for qualified support professionals for Deaf students, who have the ability to support, motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve their full potential. Ideally you will have experience in higher education establishment as you would be required to work mainly within colleges and universities. You will have the ability to be sensitive to students’ needs and learning styles and should have an interest in and understanding of additional support needs.
Freelance, Flexible hours
Main duties and responsibilities of the role
· Provide one to one study skills tuition to students enabling them to develop independent learning strategies.
· To provide bespoke sessions for each student according to the needs of the individual student.
· Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets and Individual Learning Plans.
· You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
· Able to assess learner’s needs and devise an appropriate Individual Learning Plan
· Understands the needs, objectives and constraints of others.
· Advisory Teacher for Deaf Students OR
· Advisory Teacher for Students with Multi-Sensory Impairments OR
· PGCE* and Registered Qualified BSL Interpreter OR
· PGCE* plus specialist qualification in relevant subject e.g. Deaf Studies, English, Linguistics, Deaf literacy specialist qualification, Deaf Awareness qualification (specific to language acquisition) etc.
* PGCE Qualification – Other teaching qualifications will be accepted at Level 4 and above
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SSP for Students with Sensory Impairment Application” in the email subject header.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from people with disabilities.