Our award-winning Communication and Employment Consultants (CECs) work with Deaf people who are looking for employment. They are qualified Communication Professionals with at least Level 3 BSL who have substantial employment advisor skills and knowledge. Our Communication Employment Consultants will add value by working in partnership with you to help all your Deaf and hard of hearing clients to succeed in finding meaningful work and achieve their full potential in the workplace.
Clarion UK help mainstream providers meet the unique needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing job seekers at a local and National level. Our Communication Employment Consultants recognise that there is more than one route into employment, identifying barriers to employment requires appropriate assessment and specialist skills support.
Our CECs will provide communication support for yourself and your participant to ensure smooth communication throughout. They can also work with participants independently to assist with a complete range of activities to effectively support them into work. This includes:
- Writing detailed needs assessments
- Identifying roadblocks and what support they need to achieve employment
- Discussing employment history/qualifications
- Creating compelling CVs
- One-one mentoring including assertiveness training and confidence building
- Advice and guidance to local resources
- Supporting with job applications: contacting employers, writing online applications and uploading CV to job sites.
- Interview training and support at interviews
- Educating about Access to Work and making sure this support is in place when they deaf person moves into employment
- In Work Support